The house of the century
The Eisenhuthaus is known as the oldest house of the wine city Poysdorf. After more than 4 decades of non-use, the Renaissance courtyard, its roots back to the 13th century, was in a ruinous condition. Over the centuries, the building survived 6 large floods and therefore was modified and enlarged over time. The present shape led back to around 1540.
Wolfgang Rieder bought the building in 2009 and with an exceptional team of experts in old building structure, the listed building was reconstructed and renovated during the years 2009-2012. The cultural department of the government of Lower Austria supported this venture and the impressive revitalization was honored by “NÖ Gestalten” with the prize “Goldene Kelle” in the year 2013.
„Das Beste, das Poysdorf passieren konnte, heißt Wolfang Rieder.“
Gertrude Riegelhofer, Bürgermeisterin der Stadt Poysdorf
Dr. Erwin Pröll, Landeshauptmann NÖ
Karl Wilfing, Landesrat NÖ
Herbert Prohaska, Österr. Jahrhundertfussballer
Armin Kogler, Erfolgreicher österreichischer Skispringer
Gustav Peichl, Karikaturist